Concerts and Plays
Hermsiton Jr. Academy provides three stage performances each year.
- Our Christmas Concert is in the month of December and is a musical program featuring handbells/chimes and violin/orchestra. This is a sacred concert.
- In the winter, usually in February, we have a school play. This is a school-wide play or individual classroom skits done on the stage. The program is usually intended to be comical.
- We do a Spring Concert in May again featuring the handbells/chimes and violin/orchestra. This program is musical in nature and may be sacred or secular in the choice of songs.
In addition to the concerts and plays we do some other programs where the community is invited.
- Thanksgiving Brunch - A meal provided the day we dismiss for Thanksgiving break. The meal is potluck style and focuses on international foods. There is a short program put on by the kids before we eat. Home and school organizes the food and does the serving.
- Grandparents Lunch - This is an opportunity for students to bring their grandparents to the school. The students do a short program for them and then there is a potluck lunch provided by the Home and School. For students who don't have a grandparent in the area we partner with our local churches to provide 'grandparent buddies' for them.
In the fall, usually in November, we have a Fall Festival. This is food and fun, games and entertainment. The festival is on a Sunday and runs for several hours. Home and School sponsors the event and the proceedes go to help fund classroom educational needs.